One of the most frequently sought-after services we offer is our help with Morning Routines and Bedtime Routines. The simple task of getting out of bed and getting ready for the day sets the tone and mood for how the rest of the day will go. When you have an Empress Support Services support worker helping you succeed, it becomes a breeze, and you are ready to take on the rest of the day.
These routines often include personal hygiene assistance, brushing teeth, grooming hair, picking out an outfit, and getting dressed. And after all that is done, it’s on to breakfast or a restful night’s sleep. Our support workers can make a difference in the day-to-day quality of life that you or a loved one lives. Whether assistance is needed due to age, accident, illness, or disability, we understand and can be there for you for however long is required.
- Showering and bathing
- Using the toilet
- Mobility (assistance with moving around the home)
- Dressing, undressing, and dressing aids
- Getting in and out of bed, in and out of chairs or to and from the car (transfers)
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Taking medication
- Staying active and getting out in the community
Activities Of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Help with completing day-to-day tasks.
- It can include help to overcome limitations to vision, hearing, or communication, help with hearing aids, glasses or using the phone.
Nutrition, Hydration, Meal Preparation and Diet
- Food shopping
- Meal delivery
- Assistance with preparing meals
- Help with special dietary needs due to health, religious, cultural, or other reasons
- Help with eating, including special utensils, aids, or physical assistance with feeding
- Enteral feeding, including providing formula and equipment
- Providing and help with using bandages, dressings or creams and ointments
- Assistance with managing wounds or pressure injuries
- Assessment for and provision of pads or continence aids, commodes, bedpans, urinals, catheters and drainage, enemas
- Assistance in using continence aids and appliances
- Other help with managing continence
In-home care is all about keeping you healthy and happy within your own home. Whether it is help at mealtimes, taking medication, or assisting you with a regular exercise routine, your care team will be designed to meet your needs.